Current Projects ...
These are the current projects which the Network are leading or are involved with:
· We are involved with three member organisations (MC-UK, Creative Hands and Salford Refugee Support Group) in a project on Climate Change and BME communities . Our role has been to enable, support and lead. This project is funded by Defra.
· We have established a partnership with Fareshare and support our member organisations to access and redistribute food to those most in need.
We are working with Save the Children and CLES to look at the issue of Poverty and its impact on Manchester's communities. Some 15-20 member groups have directly benefitted from this initiative so far and many more are benefitting overall.
· We are working with the NHS on a project that looks at the sexual health and well-being needs of BME women. Four of our member organisations (Wai Yin, Creative Hands, Manchester Womens Empowerment and MC-UK ) are centrally involved in this project.
· We are supporting the City Council to engage with Madrassa’s to inform them and engage them with the safeguarding agenda. One of our member organisations (Communities on Solid Ground) is leading this work.
· We have established a team through the Community Reporters programme (TLI partnership) to cover the events of the Hate Crime Awareness Week.
· We continue to work with Manchester Community Central to support the VCS infrastructure services.
· Our influence is growing by having a voice on Manchester Council’s Community Cohesion and Equalities Board and our positive relationship with key members of the Council.
For further information about any of the above, please contact us…
Do you have rooms that you would like to hire out, or a service that you can provide to the voluntary and community sector in Manchester?
Why not send us the details and we will highlight this on our website!